What is it about boys that immediately drives them to big messes? Is it just boys or is it just children? I had a house plant in our family room which Liam kept getting into the dirt. At first he just tried out the texture in his fist, inside the pot. Then he started grabbing, and dumping on my floor. When it got to be a four-times-a-day-or-more-cleaning-up-the-mess-issue. I wrapped saran wrap around the pot, leaving a gap around the trunk. It didn't take long for him to figure out how to grab and pull the saran wrap away in order to make a whole for him to fit his hand through. I tried to get rid of the plant then, but Louis decided he wanted to take it to work...when he switches offices...in a month or two...great! What to do in the mean time? Louis finally moved it into our bedroom. (which after buying and placing a treadmill at the foot of our bed, was seriously tight on space.) But seeing as it was a temporary fix, we moved it. It has lived there, unnoticed, and untouched by our 9 month old for about a week and a half. This morning, it was discovered! I was even in the room with him, getting ready for the day, when he starts eating the dirt. I don't get it, does it really look that appetizing? or was he just that hungry? or was it just discovery? Whatever it was, as I was rinsing off his hands, face, and trying to rinse the black out of his mouth, he started spitting. Eventually he spit out a big lump of wood that was the mulch turned appetizer. Yuck! At least it came out, and didn't get stuck.
Boys! Gotta love 'em! Even if some of the things they do turn your stomach.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Boys!
Posted by Rachel at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my do I feel your pain!! And just think, I've done this FOUR times around!
We've dumped out NUMEROUS potted plants, played in the toilet, eaten dog food, tasted cat food, eaten dirt, sand and numerous other nasty things, played with and eaten garbage and yet, we've managed to survive. AMAZINGLY!
I finally learned with #4 and bought baby gates to keep him out of the kitchen and bathroom. So far it's worked but now he's in daycare where I work and the playground is covered in sand so who knows what else he's found! My philosophy is, God made dirt and dirt don't hurt :)
Post a Comment