Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Big Boy Bed

With the impending move hovering in the near future we decided to make a few changes for Dar now in stead of once we get to Japan. We've read studies that one way to ease the stress of a move on a toddler is to not make any changes that coincide with it. But to maintain what they are used to. So we had a true Craigs List experience yesterday in picking up his new Firetruck bed. Once we had it set up he was ecstatic! He was jumping on it and kept saying he wanted to drive it. The next demand he made surprised me, he asked for firetruck jammies...which of course we don't have. Louis and I had to run up to wal-mart anyway so we went in search of them and found two pairs that were mercifully on clearance. Never having been freed from behind bars, we were anticipating a long drawn out process for bedtime with him continually testing his new freedom. Luckily once the firetruck jammies were on, he must have decided that they belonged with the bed. He didn't get up once to my shock and relief. However, the morning routine was something to be desired. I was awakened at about 4 with him climbing into bed with me, and his normally wonderful wake up time of 8:30 painfully became 6:40. I think the bed was a big hit, he's up there playing quietly in it now!

2 comments:

AMY_BELL - said...

Hey girly...I love your new blog but I wanted to let you know that my last name is actually spelled Boehl. Haha :)

Lisa said...

That bed is so cool. I wish they made one my size.