Well we moved in yesterday. It was a whirlwind 4 hours complete with flying paper, running/screaming/excited child, frantic attempts to get things in it's proper place, cable/internet setup, and having our car taken to get registered properly. I was failing to keep my eyes open by the time they left at 1 and that just wasn't going to cut it since we had piles of our stuff everywhere needing to be put away. I felt like I was living a Tetris game. The only rooms that became assembled yesterday were, of course, the top two priority rooms...the living room, and Dar's room/bath. Our room was still mostly in bags, however this morning was put it into slightly better operating order. The kitchen was put into order this evening. We could have accomplished a lot more today if it wasn't for my not being able to find my military ID card. Which, some of you may know, but on a foreign base you can't breath without needing it. Needless to say, that was first on today's to-do list. Of course, even though I searched everywhere 4 times thouroughly, it literally fell in my lap this evening. I was furious. Fortunately only one room, one bathroom, and one bag left to tackle tomorrow. The apartment is about as commercial as it can get, white industrial tile that you might find in a school, cement walls that are painted a light cream, and doors to every entry way into every room, kitchen, bed/bath, laundry, even the hallway. Which surprisingly the last one is very helpful. We can shut the door therefore blocking sound to Dar's room. So guests, movies, etc shouldn't wake him up. Because of all of that it has a fantastic echo ability. The next purchase will definately be some area rugs. All of my gripes aside it actually isn't that bad. I have left over shelves in the kitchen even after craming in all of our canned food storage and so far am not lacking in storage in the other rooms. It's all about how well you pack it however, and all of our spaces are going to have to be unpacked, I think, just to remove 1 item. It should be interesting to see how living with all our belongings in sardine cans works out. I have high hopes however...it could DEFINATELY be worse...so we like the sunny side of the window. Ok, time to crash, I'll post back on friday because tomorrow...we meet the Admiral for dinner. Should be fun!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Picked up any Japanese yet? I'm sure your house will be fantastic. Nothing you do is less than orderly!
yeah a little bit. good morning. good day. good evening. hello. thank you. That's it off the top of my head. Thanks, it's just getting it to that orderly state. This morning I was greatly hindered by morning sickness. Every 30 minutes I was laying down and passing out for a subsequent 30 minutes in order to get it to pass so I could get back to work. The only thing put into order was my wardrobe. And it is already 3 pm. GRRR!
Post a Comment