Liam is now walking more than he is crawling. Yeah! Let that chaos ensue. He also enjoys to 'cook' whenever I am in the kitchen. Most of the day our kitchen floor is a mine field of tupperware, food processor parts (except the blades), silicone bakeware, bamboo bowls, pitchers, and the plastic cereal boxes (used for my granola, but not at the moment).
We are also working with him on talking. So far we have, 'oh yeah', 'hey', 'momma', 'dadda'. And then a few other things that sound like words/sentences but probably aren't. You know how it goes. For example, one such occasion. I put him on the changing table with a HUGE dirty diaper, I open it up and go, 'WOAH'. I look at him and he says, "Oh yeah, I did it!". Or at least that's what it sounded like. But since he isn't saying that anywhere else, maybe not. We say it to him quit a bit though, so maybe he does understand it. I'm working with him on 'ball, up, done and big brother', but that's a mouth full. He said another sentence like phrase last night and now I can't remember it. I must be more tired then I thought.
OH, and he slept through the night last night. I mean ALL the way through the night. He went to bed at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 7:45. It was bliss! He started weening himself off of night time bottles about 4-5 nights ago now. Can't say I'm sad about that. Here's to good, long nights sleep ahead of me again. At least for the next year?? One can dream can't they? And he did this while cutting another tooth. I noticed at church today that one of the four teeth that were coming in has finally made an appearance. 7 in with 3 more on the way.
Well I'm glad this chaotic week is finally over. I look forward to the blank week that my calendar is showing me. I hope it stays that way. Right now the only things on there is a massage on Saturday, and some things for the preschool. Maybe I can finally get started on some of my projects. I HAVE to get the curtains fixed. With the sun rising at 4 am, the boys rooms are WAY too bright. I don't want that influencing their sleeping habits. Welcome to the land of the rising sun!!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Walk this way...
Posted by Rachel at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment