Friday, June 20, 2008

Congratulations Law School Graduate of 2008







WAHOO!! We've done it! Louis Graduated last Sunday after three brutal years of studying Law at UW. It was a beautiful day, one of the first in a long time, Louis' parents and sister (with kids in tow) were all here for the event. Dar even got a chance to walk across the stage with Louis when he got his diploma. Hesitant at first, it's all Dar talks about now, he must have enjoyed it more than he let on. It was an enjoyable relaxing weekend. After the ceremony we went and walked around downtown at the space needle a bit. It was fun. Unfortunately the celebrations didn't last long. Come monday morning Louis had his nose back to the grindstone working on his BAR prep. By wednesday he was exclaiming he was burned out already and sick of studying. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less, it is a pretty grueling course. And of course it comes just after finals, no real break. Luckily it's only for a month...of course I may not have much of a husband left, he might just go into hibernation for a while once he can be free of the shackles of study.

4 comments:

Geoff A. Bird said...

Yay for Louis and Dar! That photo is adorable. Congratulations to your family for making it through this. You guys are awesome.

Camaron Ortiz said...

Rachel that is awesome!!! I'm so proud of your family and for supporting Louis through this dream of his. (and yours) ;o) I bet that is a sigh of relief....even if he only jumps right back into the work, its a milestone anyway. I'm happy for you. ;o) Congrats.

Chuckleheads said...

Hoorah Loubabe! That is an incredible accomplishment. Congratulations!!!

Elisha and Scott said...

Congrat to Louis on graduating and goodluck on the BAR. Goodluck to you guys in moving across seas. Good thing we have blogs to keep us all posted.