Monday, July 14, 2008

Several down, several to go!

Well, the movers have sent everything we are taking with us on it's long journey to the other side of the Pacific. As I type the other movers are packing up what will be in storage...the house was already looking empty, now it is down right Spartan! This afternoon will be our last spent in this apartment! I think that is cause for celebration. Dar is starting to be uncomfortable with the changes and becoming an extended growth on hip, leg, whatever is easiest for him to grab. Luckily I can placate him with excitement because we are to go see his cousins tomorrow...for a week. I think this next 2 weeks will be the hardest on the little guy. We tell him we are finding a new home and ask him if that's ok and he shrugs and says that's ok. At times he's even excited, but any extended period for any toddler without their own bed begins to wear on their securities. One week with cousins and one week driving cross country I'm afraid to say will probably change him to a temporary introvert...or a constant snuggle bug. Oh well, there are worse things. Luckily I'm too tired and stressed to feel the emotions of leaving friends behind yet, so the tears have remained at bay. I'm hoping to maintain that policy for as long as possible. :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

aw! Good luck with the move! I hope everything goes as smooth as possible!

Camaron Ortiz said...

I know you've said it before, but what part of Japan are you moving to?

Chuckleheads said...

Ohhh..poor little Dar...I totally understand that sentiment, but this is really one of those "once in a lifetime experiences" for him. I'm really glad you guys have this opportunity.

And big hugs for you tired, stressed out mama. Having just made a military move...(nowhere near as stressful or anxiety ridden as going to Japan!) I can feel your pain...and when the tears do come...it will just feel all that much better.