Well yesterday was fairly productive considering we woke up at 2 am. We unpacked first, and then walked over to the used car lot where we found about 10 Honda Odyssey vans that ranged in price from $1500-$4200 and in year from 95-99. So I am a proud new owner and Louis is more reluctant than proud to own a van. But we bought a 99 Odyssey with CD, DVD, and built in navigation system for the bargain price of $2500. We continued onto the commisary for groceries and once we got them put away in our hotel room a friend came and took us back over to the NEX where we bought a webcam and signed up with skype so we can use it. Naps and test driving then followed. Once a car was decided upon we went out in town for the first time, luckily with our sponser and Emily, another JAG officer, as guides to get cell phones and dinner. This morning Dar and Louis woke up at 3 am. I zoned out until almost 6 before I gave up the enterprise for breakfast. The next important thing is a house. We have a meeting in about an hour that can hopefully give us some answers and get us started for the hunt. Tomorrow should be fun, if not exciting...I'll let you know all about it after the event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, Rachel, I can't believe this new adventure you are on. You are much braver than me. I am happily stuck in one place and I hope to stay right here! Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog! hannesorensen@comcast.net
I had to laugh at your post the other day about not being in Kansas anymore. Japan is great though. You are going to love it!
Holy cow! I want that steal of a deal for a van!
Seriously post pictures! I want to see everything! I just cracked up with the last post . . . .almost made me wet myself!
That is SO not fair. Four months of payments for our Odyssey paid for yours and we have more than three years of payments left to go! I'm glad everything is humming along for you, though. Love ya!
Post a Comment