Sunday, June 14, 2009

Still trudging along

k, kid...I'm done and ready. My hands and feet are swollen and hurt to flex. And although, I haven't been sleeping well generally, Last night was heavenly. I actually slept all night...in one position...and never woke up in pain needing to shift my position...AND I WAS ON MY BACK! Apparently laying on my sides is too painful on my lower back now. But hey, I'll take any miniscule amount of normalcy I can get in this overall uncomfortable period. My body is obviously not doing what it did with Dar. I'm 38 weeks in two days. The only thing I'm holding out hope with this is that this baby HAS to be a better sleeper and eater than Dar was. I'm not doing 6-10 times a night again...that was . I'm praying he comes in the next 10 days, (7 would be preferable...or sooner.) At least then we will be out of the hospital before my parents get here and we can go do and see a few more things than would otherwise be possible with me in the hospital during their stay. We'll post pictures and stats as soon as he gets here...

3 comments:

Jen Seegmiller said...

Hang in there lady! I know exactly how you feel. When you move past the impatience and just accept that you're going to be pregnant FOREVER, the baby will come;) I hope you have a quick, easy delivery. I need your address so I can send a baby gift.

melanie said...

17 days to go??? Whoa feels like you should have had him like a month ago! I'm sure you think the same? So how big does your doctor think the baby is as of right now? Because Dar was pretty little right? I hope your recovery is okay. Well, and the birth too for that matter. AMEN to that amazing night sleep. So much to look forward to! Miss you.

Elisha and Scott said...

Good luck. I hope it comes sooner than later for you. These last few days are HARD, but hand in there. It's all worth it right? :) Mind over matter. Can't wait to hear the good news.