Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finally!


Welcome to this world, Liam Nathaniel Butler. Born July 1, 2009 at 2:06 A.M. 20 3/4 inches long. 7lbs 10oz. Both Liam and I are doing very well. One of the most content little infants I have ever seen. He is finally nursing well, but it took his circumcision to get it jump started. His night time routines will need a little tweeking as he gets used to everything. But that is normal. Dar loves his little brother. He is 16th grandchild on both sides of the family, my mother was present for the first labor other than her own 5 much to my surprise. The labor went rather quickly. We are assuming that my water broke while I was in the shower around 9:30, because otherwise I'm sure I would have noticed. As it was, I didn't. I went in at 10:12, was admitted around 11, had my epidural around 12:30, started pushing at 1:40 and saw a very blue baby appear at 2:06. He promptly started crying and all over the Dr. He then spent the next 2 hours looking around and not doing very much crying, thankfully. We are very happy to discover that he is a very sound sleeper. The only problem is that right now, it's during the day. I'm sure that won't take too long to convert to normal scheduling, however, in the mean time, I'm suffering. His head is already normal shaped, much faster than I anticipated, but fine by me. He has ten very long skiny fingers, and ten very long skiny toes! Reddish brown hair, and big dark blue-gray eyes, for the moment. Thanks for all the prayers.

0 comments: