This has been a fabulous week of firsts for both boys. Two rejoicing changes, one which was a lesser of two evils and one that is a milestone.
1. DAR IS GIVING UP HIS SILKY!!!!! He has now slept 3 nights in a row without his silk. He gets it up to twice a day for about 20 minutes each. First thing in the morning, and if he has quiet time in the afternoon/evening. This is a huge step that Louis has been looking forward to for the last 3 years. (pretty much since he started using them!) They are pretty as he sucks on them constantly. Anyway, we are celebrating with fun rewards every morning he wakes up without one. So far so good.
2. Liam is falling asleep at nights on his own now. Last night I put him in the crib because he just wasn't fallig asleep like he normally does with us on the couch as we relaxed. So I put him in his bed, put on the bubble/light/song machine and 10 minutes later he was sacked out!! Score 100 for all the differences between him and Dar and their infant sleeping habits. It took Dar a year to do that! He is SUCH a GREAT baby. He did that again today during church. I put him in his carseat, which he normally does not like doing, and he fell asleep on his own. :D
3. Liam finally decided on sucking his forefinger and middle finger together, on his right hand and his left hand holding the wrist. Which I think makes it look like he's afraid it will get away from him. So we decided a binky was better than fingers. We've been encouraging the sucker all week and he actually keeps it really well. AND it's evened out his night wakings too. Occassionally he was waking up every hour or two for the first portion of the night. Now, since I know he's not hungry, I put in the binky and he sleeps until he is actually hungry. It means more sleep for me, less snacking for him, better eating schedule, more milk, better for his teeth (once they come in), and it is easier to ween off of as the binky can be hidden, and the fingers cannot. I think I am totally ok with this.
4. Liam sees things that are interesting and he grabs for them. This, again, just happened last night and today. We realized it with a plaid pattern on a blanket. He saw it, bright green and bright blue, and grabbed it, and pulled it to his mouth. We tried it with a toy, and voila! success! I am incredibly impressed. He seems so advanced to me for being 3 months. Maybe it's just been too long since Dar was at this phase so I've forgotten what happens when. Not to mention that I just switched his cloths to 6-9 months...yeah, they are a little snug with the diaper snaps... ALREADY!! Guess he won't be in these cloths long!
Oh well...
And don't worry I haven't forgotten about the rest of the trip pics. They will be posted soon. :D
Sunday, October 11, 2009
A week of firsts!
Posted by Rachel at 4:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How fun to watch them grow and learn new things every day! Grant's 14mo and FINALLY taking an interest in walking, but what amazes me most is how grown up he seems to be for someone so little! Rick caught him holding the phone to his ear one day and babbling into it. So Rick took out his cell and was pretending to talk to Grant and they had quite the conversation! When did he get so smart?! He's also know how to open the top of the fish tank, which is out of reach unless we're holding him, and just learned yesterday, right before church I might add, to open the bird's food door, take out the dish and dump the seed all over the carpet. TOO SMART FOR MY OWN GOOD!!!! LOL!!
Post a Comment