Sunday, March 7, 2010

Makes me smile, and laugh

Liam is so funny and cute. Okay, our typical morning. Dar wakes up somewhere between 6:40 and 7:30. Liam wakes upusually between 7 and 8. I'm not ready to wake up with them about nine times out of ten So I put them in the family room. Dar gets his silky and watches morning cartoons until Liam joins him. Then he plays with Liam, while I go back to bed for a bit. Lately however, Liam is getting into everything with his new mobility. So about every 20-30 minutes, Dar is coming in and telling me Liam is getting into one thing or another which he is not supposed to be getting into. Most of the time he's right, sometimes he's not. Anyway, this last week we've had to be more contientious of keeping both bathrooms closed, as well as Dar's room. He has WAY too many small toys that Liam can choke on. Liam hates it when he can't get in and play with his big brother. So this morning, was typical in it's wakes up calls from Dar. "Liam is playing with Dad's speakers." "Liam is playing with the blinds." The next interuption of my morning snooze in was of Liam's slapping hands on the floor outside my door, followed by him pushing it open. Apparently he thought it was time for me to get up. When I picked him up giving him a smile, hug, and kiss, I understood why. He was coming to let me know he was stinky, and that I should change his bum. But I had to laugh, because he wasn't crying or fussing, just talking to anyone who would hear, and coming to get me. I don't remember Dar being like this. But I have to end, because now he is telling me it's time for breakfast. :)

1 comments:

Allison said...

Oh how cute! I know how you feel about wanting/needing that extra sleep and not being able to get it. I've drifted off on the couch here in the living room a few mornings while Grant and Dylan were watching tv.

Grant is not as cute about telling me he's stinky though as I don't always smell it. I've now learned that if I'm sitting here and he's trying to push buttons or something, then he needs something, be it a change, cup or meal. One time I got up and he pushed my chair in to make sure that I wasn't going to sit back down until I fulflled his needs :)