Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So not in control!

I have a love/hate relationship with Liam's independent control when it comes to the foods he eats. I loved the fact that he weaned himself when I wasn't producing enough for him. I was ok with the fact that he weaned himself from daytime bottles in order to start baby food. But since that one led to him sleeping through the night I didn't really complain. I was more surprised. Now, however, he is not even nine months old and he is fed up with baby food. Not that I blame him. But really! He wants to feed himself now. I know I should be happy about this and glad that I don't have to follow him around with a baby spoon every time he eats. But with the grocery selection here, the only thing they offer for gerber graduates is the carrot chunks. Honestly I can make those myself. Or the disolving puffs, which he loves. This means however, that I will now spend most of the day cutting and cooking food small enough and soft enough for him to eat. Seeing as he only has two bottom teeth and one top one that just broke through two days ago...he can't chew yet. Only mash. And I just stocked up on a bunch of half price baby food!GRRR!

1 comments:

Allison said...

I had that same problem with Grant. What I found helpful was to just let him feed himself, while messy as it was, and then just give him a bath afterwards, if need be. I'd rather take 10 minutes to give him a bath than spend 30+ minutes trying to get him to eat. My philosphy is, the sooner they can feed themselves, the sooner I can enjoy a hot meal at dinner time again :) Of course now that Grant is on such a tight eating schedule, and with his allergies there's not a lot we can give him, he tends to eat while we're cooking, therefor, bugging me while I'm tryng to ea so obviously my plan backfired. LOL!