Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crafts time fun

With our Hawaii trip coming up fast (october) I have decided that I want a new wardrobe for the event. We won't be taking the kids, so this is our second honeymoon. 10 days in paradise. Unfortunately the prices of most everything I'm interested in is highway robbery and adds up fast. I bought a new bathing suit because it was necessary. But everything else I have decided to make, or remake from things I already have. I have been drawing design sketches of cloths for a couple of months now, and finally got started. I bought fabric for two dresses, and am using leftover fabric, or fabric that I have found for free in the bottom of our tower to make my wardrobe. In total I plan, 3 dresses, 1 top, 2 strapless tops/bathing suit covers/(one can also be a skirt), 1 denim skirt, 2 cover bolero jackets. All in all, I can use them for the beach, or for normal wear.

Last night I finished my first dress and bolero, designed, made my own pattern, cut and assembled all by myself. :) It turned out more or less how I had designed. The bolero didn't meet in the center as planned but it covers what needs to be covered. I should have had Louis take a picture last night, but I failed. I will take pics of everything once the wardrobe is complete. I already remade the top, and one of the strapless shirts. It's dang cute with my brown short sleeved jacket. Next on my list, I have no idea. I'm warring between another clothing project, or one of three quiet books that I'm going to make for the kids on Sundays. Eventually I will get around to a new couch quilt, and a new Temple dress. But I still need to buy the fabric for the dress. Hopefully by the end of the year, all of these projects, plus a few extra will be complete. Somewhere in there, I have to start scrapbooking again. I have calendars that need to be done by Christmas for the fam too. Hmmm, guess I better start finding the supplies for those.

All I have to say is Thank You Celeste for letting me monopoloize your machine for so long. True you were in the states having a baby. But still, your getting home today, and I'm not even close to being done with it.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It sounds like you have been busy! Keep in mind that October is the hottest month here, so I hope your fabrics are pretty light. I hope I get to see you while you are here.

Rachel said...

Yes! I would love to see you. When are you having the baby? Which e-mail is the best to get ahold of you? I want to have your phone number before we leave so we can get ahold of you.

As for the light wear. I'm planning on wearing a bathing suit about 75% of the time. :)We will be there a few days before his family arrive. Sunday the 10th we arrive around 8am. Monday we only have a luau, tuesday we will be in maui, then the fam come on wednesday. We can always catch you sometime when the family is there. Where do you live? We will be in the hale koa in waikiki. Then mom and dad have rented a house 10 minutes from PCC.

We hope to see you when we are there, so please be in touch.