Dar has always had his silky as his comfort blanket. Unfortunately, he has always shoved a huge wad into his mouth to suck on. Beyond gross, it just made the thing reak. Louis and I have been aching to get rid of them for quite a while now. We finally decided to offer him a deal. We thought, he's almost 5 we should reason with him, let him make the decision to give them up. It sure beats fighting him every step of the way. So last night we offered him a deal to give up his silkies forever...in exchange for a video game. Yup, you read that right. He seriously gave up his comfort blanket for Lego Indiana Jones. It was what we were hoping for hence the reason we decided to offer him that in particular. However, it does seem kind of anticlimactic. Oh well, I will get over that feeling. He threw them away himself. What he doesn't know is that I stole one out after he went to sleep for momento purposes. I will pull that out after he gets married and has children. :) But they are gone and gone forever!! WooHoo. Yeah for becoming a big boy.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment