Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The 5 ups

The five ups...growing, throwing, gobbling, setting, and gearing...up.

Liam is growing up so fast. So much fun. Well, he'll be a LOT more fun once these last four teeth finally break through. However, he is fun to watch. He isn't talking much yet, but he doesn't seem to have many problems making himself understood. This particular day, he decided to rearrange the furniture. He was dragging and reseting the chairs in the dining area constantly for over a half an hour...

Dar's school was having a Turkey day tea party and wanted snacks from the parents. I decided to go a creative healthy route...this is what I decided to do. Thank you family fun!

Dar's creative skills put to work. :)

Thanksgiving day was a busy one. This was the first year that we did a complete feast on our own. For the past 8 years we've always done a potluck with at least one other family, sometimes more. This year, since Louis is effectively the boss of the office, we had all of his sailors over. 6 total. Theo was the first to get here...so this is what the boys went and did...

We have experienced our first brain injury of all of our children. Dar suffered a concussion after playing roughly with his friends on his upper bunk bed (a major no-no in this house) and falling backwards and landing on his forehead just over his left temple...on our incredibly hard industrial tile floors. This is a picture of the bruise left behind a day or two later. This happened two weekends ago now, and he still has a bruise and a bump. Poor kid. Lesson learned I HOPE!
Liam is a lounger, not a snuggler. Dar loves to snuggle with Louis and I, but Liam only snuggles with me, usually in an upright position, rarely laying down. But he seems to not mind lounging with his sippy and some rocking backyardigans on the TV. Oh, and we can't forget the bowl of snacks that he's already emptied either.


All in all, life is good. We are decorated for Christmas, and I play Christmas music more which requires the TV to be off. Thankfully. The boys are happy, and play well together for the most part. Liam loves holding big brothers hand when we go out...mommy loves it too. :) Dar is enjoying school. Louis is not hating work at least. I am busy with everything else.
We have received news that we will be stationed in Bangor, WA as our next duty station. YAY! We are so excited to be going back home. We have decided that we will buy a house on the mainland in Edmonds, and Louis will take the ferry to work everyday. This enables us to be closer to family, all of our good, and much missed friends back in the seattle area, and stores. After being so far disconnected from everything over here. I don't wish to have a long drive to get to anywhere. I'm wanting convenience. I've been busy house hunting, and getting things lined up for Dar to be enrolled in first grade fall of 2011. (I seriously could do a back flip over that discovery) And getting in gear to de-junk, pack-up, settle down, and expand our family. We hope to be there for a little while. If all else fails, it will be where we retire from the Navy. This will be a big upcoming year for us, and we are excited to get it started.
We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. We will see you soon.

3 comments:

Megan and Jeff Vogel said...

I'm so excited to hear that you guys will be coming back to Washington & the Edmonds area! We'll have to have a Group 6 welcome home party for sure when you all get here.

Tell Louis I said hi! Merry Christmas!

Chuckleheads said...

Oooh...Bangor! Thats exciting. Congratulations. Your boys are so darn cute!

The Days of your Life said...

Your boys are getting sooooo big! We miss you guys and it sounds like things are going well! Love you too!