Monday, August 4, 2008

Beach Giggles

After dropping Grandma at Great Aunt Gracie's house, Mom Aunt Helen, Dar and I headed to Ocean City on Thursday to enjoy our "girl's day out". ( No I didn't mean to leave Dar out, we just figured he doesn't have enough testosterone to exclude him in our label. :) Dar has never been to the beach where the temperature of both water and air led to any inclination to submerge even your toes into the waves. So I was surprised and, a little frantic to stay close to him, when he courageously plowed into the crashing surf. He absolutely loved it. It was non stop giggles for hours on end. His favorite part at first was going right up to where the waves crashed and then running away just in front of the wave as it spread out on the sand. Then his euphoria was taken to new heights when I took his hand and led him right to where the waves have the potential to knock the waves out from under you. Of course every time, without fail they knocked his little legs out from under him as I held him up. His giggles turned to dropped jaw, bright eyed, top volume laughter. It was so catching he had everyone around him laughing too. I can't believe we didn't catch it on film! It was so adorable. I was even more surprised that nap time came and went without even the slightest hitch in his ever running stride. We went for what was intended a walk down the beach but really ended up being more, running, jumping and collapsing into waves then I had the strength to keep up with. By the time we got back to our canopy my arms and legs were jelly from holding/catching our 30 pound energizer bunny. I literally stumbled onto the blanket and tried to coax Dar to lay down next to me hoping he would take a very late nap with me. It wasn't until he saw his silky that he no longer struggled with me on the subject. One thing is for sure...we won't be taking his silky away from him anytime soon. All in all, it was a lovely day with perfect weather, great memories, fun shops, great food and miraculously NO SUNBURN!!

1 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Oh you made me miss the beach terribly... Arizona is full of sand but no water. Waaaaah!