Monday, August 4, 2008

Halfway There!




Well yesterday we past the halfway mark and moved into the central time zone. It was a long day in the car and Dar was a fabulous traveler. We went into Omaha, Nebraska to see winter quarters; they have a pioneer center there. It was pretty cool. I would have loved to spend more time there and read more of the stories, but there is only so much you can expect of a 3 yr old. We walked across the street to see the cemetery grounds and the temple which now stands right next door. Dar was like a pinball just bouncing off of surfaces. It was very peaceful and we got some lovely pictures. We ended up staying in a motel 6 in Council Bluffs. Apparently, the family in the room next to ours was housing a banshee because there was screaming well into the night that definitely cannot be excused on a colicky baby. Louis knocked on their door more than once concerned they were abusing their child, after the second time things quieted down. Between sticky humidity (man I miss the west) and the smoky smell I didn’t sleep well. I have never been more thankful that Louis is driving right now. We hope to get to Indiana sometime before stopping; of course we will hit the last time zone change about the same time. We will stay somewhere on Lake Michigan, that should provide a good opportunity for Dar to run around. I think Dar might be done with his car seat, today he isn’t doing quit so hot as yesterday.

0 comments: