Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Weekend

I know I am horribly behind, I apologize. This last week was one of those busy, get tons of things done and still don't feel like you've accomplished anything sort of weeks. I unpacked Louis' bags, washed, ironed, and hung up our new curtains. Finished the cookbooks that I was in charge of for our RS at church. Pulled everything off of the floors and washed them...thoroughly, throughout our entire apartment. We reorganized the bookcases, pulled out Dar's summer cloths from last year to determine which still fit him. Had a potluck, friends over for dinner, and the major bazaar happened this weekend on base. So all in all, a lot accomplished, but still a lot to do before I'm comfortable resting and putting my feet up to await baby's arrival.

So here I go...

Easter Weekend, Dar and I had a wonderful time. Louis wasn't home until late the night of Easter Sunday. Saturday we went to a egg hunt put on by the MWR, which for Dar's age group, was just a ton of eggs thrown onto the outfield of the baseball diamond. He loved it, and for some reason that I can not explain other than hormones, I was choking back tears as he ran off to start gathering eggs in his basket with about 100 other kids. They let the kids start and then allowed the parents to join them for pictures, etc. So Dar ended up with a basket, and a bucket overflowing with eggs before I finally told him we had enough and left the field where there was still a bunch of eggs left to be claimed. Of course, Louis had the camera with him, so I didn't get any pictures. It wasn't until I was talking to Louis later that day that I realized I completely forgot we owned a video camera. Every since we bought this one a year and a half ago, we have done little films on the camera not the camcorder. So I confess that my mind drew a complete blank, and I didn't catch it on film. :( However, Sunday, we did a smaller egg hunt with our neighbors in the park next to our building and I DID film that one. I'll have to have Louis add the film later. Sunday, church was supposed to be a rebroadcast of General Conference for us over here. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties, it didn't happen. So, we had a brunch with our neighbors, and a new family in the branch. We dyed eggs, Dar and I did tie-dye the night before, and then regular ones with them. When they were dry we had the hunt in the park, which Dar loved. We had egg salad sandwishes for lunch then nap time. Followed a little while later with dinner, with the neighbors again. It was all in all a fabulous weekend that left me exhausted. But Louis came home and the busy week insued.

This week has made it so my feet have finally started to swell. grrr. This week will be another doozy as I plan on putting a ton of stuff in storage, pull out the bulky baby toys, clean and organize the baby's room, pot a few more plants. Dar starts T-ball, accomplishing my visiting teaching, wives club dinner night, another ultrasound. And all this on top of the normal stuff, dinner, laundry, keeping Dar entertained, park playing, grocery shopping, etc. My hope is that this be the week for me to get everything in order in the house so that I can relax a little bit. Then I can make the baby announcements, and finish a quilt before the baby makes the grand debut. I figured it is better to get this done now, because if I wait another month, it might just throw me into labor which would not be good.

But considering all of this, we are happy, in good health, exhausted, loving being together, and excited about the soon to be new addition. I'll be glad to be done with this busy phase before I get too huge and uncomfortable...it's already bad enough. Louis has been wonderful in helping me where and when I need it, and that has made it possible to get a bunch more stuff done. Dar has been helpful at the most, co-operative and patient at the least, and only occassionally whiny about all the activity. It could be a lot worse, so I am not complaining, in fact I am rather pleased.

1 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

Hey Louis and Rachel. Did Dominik Dunkel (foreign exchange student who stayed with the Butlers our senior year) get a hold of you? He found me on facebook. He wants to get a hold of Lou. Do you guys have facebook? Can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going (always faster for everyone else not pregnant huh :)