Friday, April 3, 2009

Disappointment...again!

We've been trying for 2 weeks now to fly home on a military flight and spend several weeks among family and friends. After being bumped last week, Dar and I both took it pretty hard. Louis flew out wednesday to go home for a few days before heading to a conference/training in San Diego for a week. Dar took that a little harder since Daddy was going to Grandma and Grandpa's and he wasn't going too. So now, instead of taking a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to sit around waiting for several additional hours to find out if we can even make the flight, getting bumped and therefore stuck that distance away from home. I just decided to call a contact and get the numbers crunched. Not a single seat available this time around for anyone not on orders. Well, that just sucks...so much for plans well planned, and forethought well thought.

And here's to another 6-9 months before we can fly back to the states again!!

Wahoo, I'm so thrilled...can't you just tell?

4 comments:

Taylor's said...

Oh man that really stinks! Hang in there.

d said...

sucks, I am sorry.

d said...

totally stinks, sorry!

melanie said...

I'm ticked too. I had high hopes. But I guess we'll really just wait it out. The good thing is that on your next trip we'll get to see the baby!