Sunday, April 26, 2009

No power behind the wishes

Our last ultrasound was on Thursday and provided firm proof that it is in fact a boy. The first thing I said to Louis, was, "Sorry honey, no power behind your wishful thinking." He just laughed and said he didn't mind having another boy, he just 'wanted to be sure'. Much to my relief, if the fetus had miraculously changed genders then I would have to repack all the boy cloths that I had just hung up in the closet. We are officially ready for the baby whenever he decides to make his appearance. He measured a week further along then I am supposed to be, so we will see if the date will change or not. :) Again, here is for wishful thinking!! He is quite the active little tyke, and I have now forgotten what it is like to not have a squirming little munchkin inside of me. What will it be like to just be me and have a flat stomach again?? I'm also excited to start working out again and start loosing weight. Wow, never thought I would EVER say those words!! But with Dar starting preschool two days/week shortly after the baby is born, I am loving the prospect of one on one time with baby to do things. Work out, sleep, walk, shop, projects during nap time. All those things are so much easier with an infant than a running, active, non-patient almost 4 yr old. We've decided not to wait as long before we have the next one, but there is something to be said for the convenience of the older one in school. Not that he won't be a huge help when he is at home. I cherish my huge helper, he now has a sticker chart just for helping me out when I ask him too. Because he always listens and helps. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Jen Seegmiller said...

Hi Rachel,

I've been thinking of you and hope you are doing well. Pre-school is a beautiful thing and I can't wait for Jared to start. I just hope he potty trains before August. He's stubbornly refusing to cooperate. Ah well, I don't have the energy right now anyhow. I need to get my house done. I'm not sure how to hook my webcam up to Skype, but I'll try to figure it out later this week. Here's a few more books to check out: The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner.
-Jen

Linnea said...

I didn't know you guys were on Skype -- now I might have a reason to use it! Give us a call at davidavi832. I'll add you to my friend list so we can keep in touch. Good luck with the baby. (It always nice to have 2 boys close together in age so they can play ball with each other.) Now if I could figure out how to potty train Julia (she turns 4 on Sunday.)