Wow, everything is converging. Here are my most recent heart palpitations.
I had started the mounds of laundry so we could pack yesterday. On the second load, the dryer broke! Great, I started panicking. I called this morning and found out I was on a week long wait list. SERIOUSLY?? Come on guys. I called and hounded the building manager and let me tell you. I owe him BIG time. He pulled some strings and made some things happen, because 10 minutes later the man was here to fix it. Whew, one disaster diverted. I now have all the laundry done, folded, and put away.
Today was focused on deep cleaning the whole house. I was proud of myself, that I accomplished all that I had set out to do, AND hit the treadmill for 45 minutes. I just finished folding the last load of laundry when I start hearing bubbling out of the sink in the kitchen. Great! When we went back stateside for Christmas, our sinks overflowed and flooded the kitchen and family room of our apartment. This is just what I need now! I guess I should be glad that it happened now, and not something the nanny has to deal with. But both my sinks are backed up halfway, with vile smelling gunk. I hope the repair guy comes before they start to overflow. If I have to reclean everything, I will not be a happy camper. I will personally go to every apartment in this tower and make sure they all know not to put grease and potato peels down their drains! It won't be pretty I can promise you.
...can't wait for the next 47 hours to be over...
Friday, October 8, 2010
Better Luck
Posted by Rachel at 12:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment