Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hawaii

In addition, to all the pictured events shown below, we went to the Arizona memorial, the swap meet 3 times for some of us, they did the palace after we flew out, Dole Plantation, Luau's, pool side at the Hale Koa, Shopping, drove up Haleakala mountain in maui, Breakfast with Melanie and her family, plus many different beaches. It was wonderful. We definately had mixed feelings about coming home. But alas, all good things must come to an end. Enjoy the pictures.



This beach just north of Pupukea had 3-4 turtles sunbathing themselves on it. Through the course of the vacation, Louis and I snorkeled with upwards of 10 Sea Turtles and a manta ray as well as plenty of large, and colorful fish.


Haunama Bay




Diamond Head



Dad didn't hike it, he took a nap while the rest of us did. Man, it kicked my butt after I ran up a slope and a steep ladder like stairs set of about 50 steps. I had to take a 15 minute breather because it was SO HOT, but I DID make it to the top. :) The brochure said 1 1/2 -2 hour hike, we made it up and back in an hour.


Dinner Cruise for Friday night fireworks. It was fun. They even made Louis dress up and hula! classic. Sadly the only picture I have of it is horribly blurry. :( He pretty good at it though.



MAUI

Louis HATED that gold mustang. So he had to have a picture with me on the hood. It's only redeeming quality apparently other than the convertible top.

Mama's Fish House for dinner before catching our flight back to Oahu...I only have one thing to say about it...
YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!!



Pali Highway- windiest place on earth...surprisingly not so windy this day.


Polynesian Cultural Center


Hawaii Temple-Laie


4 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

what a fun trip!

Chuckleheads said...

LOVE the Butlers. Looks like you all had a great time.

Melanie said...

I am glad you guys had a good trip. It was so fun to be able to see you!

Rachel said...

It was a blast to see you too Mel. I was going to add our picture to the post, but I couldn't find it. Turns out it was on the other camera that hasn't been downloaded yet...oh well. :) It will get scrapbooked though.