Monday, May 24, 2010

8 years and counting!

Today is our 8th anniversary...

This week is hectic enough, but I don't really think we have any special plans. We were going to go to the hot springs this weekend, but it is just so busy, that we decided to postpone it till the end of June. So that leaves this week without celebration. Dinner?? maybe. dessert?? not if we have to make it and have leftovers, that would kill our diet. Eat out?? I suppose, but the options around here aren't that great, and we would need to find someone to watch the kids. Louis finally removed himself from the decision process and is leaving it up to me (as of this afternoon). Part of me wants to go do something, but another part is saying, well, if you don't want to make a big deal about it, I don't. After all, I'm sick right now. I kinda just want to go to bed. mm, whatever. It doesn't really matter if/what we do. We are together, we are happy, and we have two beautiful, fun boys who make us laugh regularly. The A/C kicked on today, so I guess that in itself is a celebration...maybe not enough though. So here is a little note to Louis because, if Liam doesn't wake up soon, I may not get to the store to buy a card.

Louis--

You are my motivation, if not for you, my life would be chaos. I love you in all your forms...not personalities, but roles. Father, Son, Brother, Friend, Officer, Husband, Lover, Man. You take them all on with respect, responsibility, purpose, humor, love, and discipline. You are quick to laugh when in our home, and almost always smiling or laughing with the kids. It keeps the spirit in our home light, fun, enjoyable, and peaceful. It always pulls me into the moment, and forgetting about whatever was on my mind before that moment. You help me stay together when I feel like falling apart, which happens often enough. We have had plenty of ups and downs. Some more dramatic then others. But along with the happy, sad, good, bad, moments of heartache, and glimpses of the divine. I wouldn't change a single decision that led us to this point. Happy anniversary Love. I'm truly looking forward to an eternity by your side. Thanks for softening my rough edges, and always helping me to remember what is most important. You may be turning 32 in two days, but you are more attractive now, then you ever have been. I love you completely.

Forever yours,
Rachel

2 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Very sweet and happy anniversary and happy birthday loubabe!

The Days of your Life said...

Ditto from Cuz Jenna!