Thursday, May 13, 2010

Worth it!

As many of you know, I started selling Pampered Chef not too long ago. I have modest goals with this new business. I only plan to have one to two shows a month. With my income, I hope to achieve three objects that I will never be able to convince Louis to buy for me.

1. Steam mop
2. Kindle
3. Dress form (although this will have to wait until we move back to the states as I have no room to put it in our current apartment.)

After paying off my initial start up 'loan' from Louis, I was able to purchase my steam mop yesterday. I tried it out this morning, and it was SO worth it! It has replaced three things in my closet, which were extremely annoying as they kept falling all over each other, and out the door. I can now say farewell to my sponge mop, swiffer, and swiffer wet jet! The latter two you have to continually buy replacement cloths and solution. In the year and a half that we have been here, I have probably spent as much on the materials I would need for those two mops as I spent on the steam one I purchased yesterday.

It removed spots and stains that none of my three old mops could beat, and my floors have never looked better. I am, however, slipping all over the place because the floors are so clean that they are pretty slick. Which could present problems as Liam is starting to walk, but since he is on the floor so much during the day it does make me feel so much better.

1 comments:

Allison said...

That's so exciting!! I've considered doing PC for a while but have never had the money to get started. Now that I'm working again and have my own income, maybe I'll look into more seriously now! Thanks for the review on the steam mop. I'll have to invest in one of those as well since I too, use the swiffer wet cloths! I'm ashamed to admit that due to the cost of those things, my floors donj't get mopped NEARLY as much as I'd like them to!