Liam is fast learning how to walk! This is both exciting and sad. My baby is growing too fast! But he is so adorable I guess I forgive him. He took his first independant step last week trying to get to me as I talked on the phone. We started working with him in ernest then, trying to encourage the development. He now has two walking toys which he is getting more familiar with using. Yesterday, he was in the middle of the room, and he stood up, (with nothing to help him) took two steps, started laughing, then promptly fell down. He seems pretty happy and excited about it. He also walked half way across a room last night trying to get to our neighbors daughter, Aimee, who he adores.
I also realized yesterday that he must have had another growth spurt, as now he can reach a few things that he wasn't able to before. How did I realize this you may ask?? He started pushing the buttons on the computer, and he was on the floor! GRrr. Guess it's time to start pushing things as far back as they go, and keep an even closer eye as things that have been safe from investigative fingers will no longer be. Between that and the big fan I have sitting on the coffee table, which he can now reach far enough to get his fingers into the grooves. Luckily it has been cool enough the last couple of days that I haven't had to run it. If it starts to get hot again, then I will have to find something else to set it on top of that is higher then it is currently.
Oh well, the joys of having fun, wonderful, adorable, smiley babies in the house. :)
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Growing up
Posted by Rachel at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment